Thursday 28 June 2012

Just about June!

Today saw the extremes of our weather system in England. We enjoyed glorious sunshine , 27C here upon the hill in the South of the country & back in my home town uptd North absolutely the most horrendous floods & thunder storms.  Never seen anything like it in my life. Avenues of houses looking like lakes, water up to windscreens, a Mum & baby sitting on the roof of their car to escape the flooding until rescued. Hailstones the size of golf balls smashing car windscreens.
Oblivious to the atrocious weather in other parts of the country I enjoyed a lunch break wandering in the garden, armed with camera to capture the changing growth.

My Hawthorn ally is a great source of inspiration. We are planning great changes in our working life, big changes need to be tackled in my personal life too. Health, fitness & nutrition etc need upgrading, so many things need readdressing. As I observed the Hawthorn's changes I noticed & seemingly without any hesitation, with great courage the blossom drops, the little buds remain & the life force just flows steadfastly & congruently through all the varying phases of growth & change. Vibrant, steady & secure as if knowing such loss & change is necessary for all which is yet to come.  I need to embrace those qualities as I embark upon a new fitness regime as work has been soo busy we're just not getting out & about exercising as much, coffee & biscuits with customers far too readily available. So when I saw these two beautiful little companions, entwined & united, prepared for change I took heart, grasped the symbolic meaning of the unity & strength, persistence & trust & laughed as if they were sharing the most loving support in being my ally!!  I too have to work hard, know that the best is yet to come even though at the minute I feel as if I've lost all of my petals & usual pretty appearance lol. Aren't these little buds so beautiful, the shape, the colours I can't wait to see them ripen & change into the red berry.


Hawthorn Ally

Also will share some of the unexpected gifts in the garden, like this gorgeous long tall flower which has sprung up amongst the hedge trees. No idea what it is not where its come from but its absolutely gorgeous.

The Hydrangeas are bursting into flower, the most gorgeous intricate blossom. The colours change so quickly, apparently depending upon the acidity or alkalinity of the soil. I adore each & every stage of these flowers.

We must have both acid & alkaline soil :) Here below are some random photographs taken because the subject looked pretty or interesting or both! Not sure what any of them are but they're some of the overgrown weeds at the bottom of the garden.

Hedge Woundwort
Woody Nightshade
Bramble
Fumitory



They're all sooo beautiful, such gorgeous colours, shapes & awesome intricate designs. Any identification would be greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Looks to me like woundwort (Stachys sylvatica), bramble, woody nightshade and fumitory there! Nice collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh thank you, the only one I recognised was the bramble :) Will label accordingly (once I've looked them up to make sure I write the right name to the corresponding flower :)

    ReplyDelete